Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Drooling Over Mango Bravo

Last Sunday, my balikbayan Aunt, Tita Leila (belated happy birthday po!), celebrated her *toot*th birthday (very confidential info.. sorry.. :-D). As a treat for their mom, my cousins Melvin and Michael bought some delicious pansit sotanghon and the very yummy Mango Bravo cake from Conti's. My cousins arrived shortly after we have already eaten our lunch, but that didn't stop us from having about a plateful of pancit sotanghon and some "small slices" of Mango Bravo. We still had some "shyness" left within ourselves that we didn't gorge on the entire cake (had to constantly remind ourselves that it was Tita Leila's birthday... not ours.. tee hee!!).

Anyway, the Mango Bravo cake (despite the small slices we had), was superb! Though my Mom said it was quite "nakakaumay" because of the creamy icing, I still think the chilled mixture of mangoes, cashew nuts, chocolate drippings, and the mala-choco-mouse and sponge cake layers, was really something a sweet-tooth-person like me can't resist. Instant high! (again I had to remind myself that the cake was Tita Leila's... not mine.. tee hee!)


I am now thinking of dropping by at Conti's branch in Serendra (near my office) or in Trinoma to get my mango-bravo-craving satisfied. If my memory serves me right, a slice of Mango Bravo would be around P75 to P85 pesos. Well.. not too bad for 10-15 minutes of palate bliss! Yum! :-D

2 comments:

  1. I love this cake from Contis.. so yummy talaga! the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious. I want a piece of this! Haha. :D

    ReplyDelete